Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Welcome to Backyard Strength Training!


            Welcome! I’ve created this blog to share with you my passion for strength training, and as a way for us to help each other in the process to becoming stronger.

            When I started training I had no clue about what I was doing, and I had no one to show me the way. “I wish I knew back then what I know now…”, I catch myself thinking more times than I can count.

            I hope this blog be useful to those of you who are starting to “work out”, who don’t really know what to do, or who haven’t made real progress during the last year (or years!). I want to help you reach your goals, be them get bigger and strong as hell, lose fat, or feel better and gain self-confidence.

            Please feel free to comment anything on any subject, because Backyard Strength Training isn’t just about getting stronger or ripped, it is about being strong for life, and achieving everything you desire.

            We’ll also talk about music, be it for training or chilling, and about anything we feel like.


Franco Columbu lifting a car.
He didn't knew about car jacks, he had no need.
            Back to training, there will be no limits! Calisthenics and gymnastics, any kind of weight training (barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells..), stone lifting, sandbag training, logs, kegs, your training partner… You can use anything at your disposal to get the job done, you just have to be creative, open-minded, and focus on the basic stuff (carrying & lifting). Forget about if you’re following the 6546874248 fitness laws there are, since most are bullsh*t.

            There is one thing for sure, and it is that no matter what you do, there will always be someone telling you that what you do is bad for X reason because he read it on that article written by Y guru… Just forget about them, and start making real progress with me. When they see that in less than a year you have made more progress than them in their whole life, they’ll come asking you what you do, IF they’re smart.


            We are gonna have a great time together, and we’ll get as strong as Goku!

Goku really knows what he's doing.
            Fun has just began.

            Gabri


            If you prefer to read my blog in spanish, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment